Monday 1 May 2017

Weight loss this week and Slimming World spaghetti bolognaise

Best-ever bolognese

Hey guys!!

So this week was a hard week with a few things going on like my dog Vinnie having a fit and some struggles with my ME. 

Anyway I put on 1lb this week but i'm not worried about that, I got some bad foods out of my system and I am hitting it hard this week. 

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes from Slimming World which is the "Best Ever Spaghetti Bolognaise". This is the only version I like at all, Paul struggled to get me to make it the first time and now its a firm favorite.

Ingredients

  • Low calorie cooking spray
  • 2 onions roughly chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
  • 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 beef stock cube
  • Dried spaghetti

Method

  1. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic, season well and stir-fry for 7 minutes.
  2. Add the beef, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook for three minutes until browned. Drain off any excess fat then add the chopped tomatoes and oregano, crumble in the stock cube and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
  3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain.
  4. Divide the spaghetti and bolognese sauce between four bowls or plates and serve with a crispy salad.

Give it a go, you won't regret it!!!

https://youtu.be/_CuaFkLSyaI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for viewing my blog, please comment, ask questions and make suggestions below. You can never have too many friends!