Tuesday 16 October 2012

The proposal

The Perfect Moment


On Friday 30th December 2011, I was picked up from work by my partner Paul picked me up from work and told me we were going to on a drive. This did not make me suspicious as we did this often when we wanted some time together or because we love the sea just to go and enjoy the views.

So as we were driving along we were just talking about our lives at the moment, things we wanted to change and the future. I started noticing more signs for Weymouth, this is a special place for us as it is where we had our first date and where we decided to take the relationship further as Americans put it " to go steady".

We parked in one of the bays outside a hotel on the front and walked along the front, holding hands and watching the ocean and the beautiful night sky. We got to the end of the main path and decided to turn back as it was staring to get windy and cold, once we reached the jubilee clock Paul stopped me and before I had time to think he was down on one knee with a beautiful ring, telling me that he has never felt this way about anyone before and that he believes he has found his soul mate. He said lots of other things that I will leave between him and I, but those few words he was happy for me to share.

I cannot explain the feeling that came over me, its really cliche and I have heard it many times before and not believed it but it was like the world and time stood still, it was just him and me in the moment. You may wonder why he choose the clock, well the clock represents our past, our present and us wanting to spend our future together.

We then got in the car, called up our families and then announced our engagement on Facebook. The whole way home we were talking about our main ideas for the wedding and most importantly when.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for viewing my blog, please comment, ask questions and make suggestions below. You can never have too many friends!