If you're like me, you don't have much time or energy left at the end of a hard day to do anything extra but Christmas has always been my favourite time of year and I want to make my home look and feel like Christmas. I have put together some quick and simple ways so that you can bring Christmas to your home too
One of the easiest ways to spread Christmas cheer is to decorate with Bows-
- Tie large ribbons to chair backs, candlesticks, basket handles, stair railings, and doorknobs.
- Choose patterns and fabrics that co-ordinate with your other decor. If you can't find anything then you can’t go wrong with metallic silver, gold, green, or red.
- Pick a ribbon that you can tie and un-tie every year then you get value for money and can build a good collection.
- Hang a wreath or swag on every door -start with the front door to bring Christmas from the very beginning.
- You can make fresh wreathes yourself and decorate with pine-cones, berries, ribbons and even nuts. If you want to keep wreaths year after year, buy artificial wreaths.
- Drape garlands, either real or artificial, on railings, over mirrors, on the top of the mantle-piece, and across book shelves.
Sounds of the season
- As soon as you're home, turn on a CD and listen to Christmas music.
- Tie some sleigh bells onto the front door, and listen to the tinkle every time it opens.
- Lots of the TV channels have Christmas specials on. Make it a family time to spend together -enjoy the laughter and ease into Christmas
- Watch the classic movies with Christmas themes, such as "The Santa Clause" or "Scrooge"