Wednesday 18 December 2013

Blogmas Day 16: The true meaning of Christmas




Hey  everyone! Christmas is a special time of year. I have always loved Christmas as it  is a time for families to get together and show each-other how much they mean to them. Of course I love to buy gifts for my friends and family and receiving them is lovely too but this is not  the true meaning of Christmas. The true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. 

I am not going to preach to you so don't worry! I am a Christian and have been all my life. Therefore I think it is important to remember Jesus at this time. I want to show you that the traditions or things we do at Christmas have meaning and history behind them. 

We give gifts in remembrance of the three Kings and the gifts they gave Christ. 

The angel on the tree is a symbol of the angel Gabriel and the angels that announced  Jesus birth.

There are more but lets not over do it.

Take care x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for viewing my blog, please comment, ask questions and make suggestions below. You can never have too many friends!